Have you ever wondered why CBD products work for you? Your body is naturally equipped with an endocannabinoid system. This system is why cannabinoids interact the way they do with the body. Your range of effects that you experience all come from here! Keep reading to learn more about the endocannabinoid system.
What Is the Endocannabinoid System?
The endocannabinoid system is sometimes referred to as ECS. The system is responsible for the effects you feel from CBD. It is made up of three main parts:
- Endocannabinoids. Your body naturally produces chemicals called endocannabinoids. They’re important for body function and homeostasis. There are two main endocannabinoids, and both of these will impact internal functions.
- Receptors. Endocannabinoid receptors are located mainly within the nervous system of your body. These receptors are how the endocannabinoids bind to your body and create a reaction. Depending on the receptor the endocannabinoid binds to, you will have a different reaction in a different part of your body.
- Enzymes. Enzymes are the proteins that your body makes in order to finish off the ECS process. They break down the endocannabinoids after they’ve attached to the receptors and done their job!
Each of these are vital to making the ECS work. With these three parts, the ECS system will benefit your body in multiple ways.
What Does the System Do for You?
While research is still being conducted, scientists and past CBD consumers have suggested that the ECS may:
- Aid with appetite regulation
- Help with sleep
- Address chronic pain
- Boost your mood
- Regulate metabolism
- Reduce levels of stress
- Impact memory function
There is no concrete answer for what the ECS will do for your body. Research has shown that the system does have certain effects when in contact with CBD, medical cannabis, and more. In order to figure out exactly what will work for you, you’ll need to try CBD for yourself!
How Does CBD Interact with Your Body?
CBD is a cannabinoid. This means that when you consume a CBD product, your body’s endocannabinoid system will be activated. Different cannabinoids can create different reactions. CBD will create a different effect with your body than something like THC.
Although research is still being conducted, you may find that CBD provides your body with positive effects such as:
- Temporary relief of stress
- Mood boost
- A soothing sensation, in both irritation and pain
- Impacted appetite
CBD products may contain small amounts of THC, but at companies like Verséa, the products contain no THC. This means that you’ll typically experience the more calming effects that CBD has rather than the hallucinogenic or hyperactive effects of THC.
See How CBD Works For You!
Research shows that the endocannabinoid system in your body influences many different functions. Since your ECS receptors interact with different parts of your nervous systems, you may experience a wide range of positive effects. Try CBD today to see how you can benefit. Visit Verséa today to learn more.